Air Conditioner Not Cold How To Fix
No matter hot sunny days or rainy days, many people still using air conditioning, but sometimes you may find the room seems to be nothing cold feeling, air conditioning is not cooling how to do, here to share with you the solution.
Steps / methods
1. First of all, check whether the normal operation of air conditioning, including indoor and outdoor units, especially to check the outdoor unit compressor. 3 simple steps are:
- To check function on temperature setting button of the remote control,
- To feel the cooling after setting the temperature control to the lowest
- To visual inspection if the fan motor is moving or not.
Please repeat the checks on all the fan coil units and the outdoor units. If one of them does not work, then you have to contact the aircon specialist for repair.
2. If the air conditioning start normally, but it is not blowing cool air. Please check the air conditioning filters. It is likely that filters got cloaked with too much dust. It is best to use the specialized filter cleaning agent to spray in order to clean. Most of them can be removed to clean, so it would be best to clean them outside. If dirt piled up in aircon evaporator, vacuum cleaning might do the job. If it persists, you may consider aircon chemical cleaning.
3. And then check the refrigerant if it is enough, that is the so-called Freon. Gas top up if necessary. Please check the whole system if there is a leakage by reading the pressure drop on the gauge. If there is leakage, patch it up and top up the Freon again. 2 commonly used Freon gas are R22 and 410A.
4. If you do not have the above problems, air conditioning can conduct normal operation, then check the air conditioning fan operation. If the fan of the air flow is very small, then the fan motor may be old, it is time to replace the fan motor.
5. Some system are using air-con ducting. If the air-conditioning ducts installed is relatively long, it may lead to the indoor heat transfer to the outdoor relatively poor. Resulting in not cooling on very obvious situation, it is best to find a better location to re-install, strive to shorten the ventilation pipe.
6. If the air-conditioning is running normally and everything else is also intact, but the room does not feel air-conditioned, only conspire air conditioning BTU is likely to be too small, room area is too large. The best is to recalculate the BTU and increase it to a larger BTU air-conditioning.
Information provided by Jacq, Aircon Doctor SG